The Dallas Church Pulpit is a podcast of audio sermons from the pulpit of the Dallas Primitive Baptist Church located in Dallas, GA. Messages are primarily from Marty Hoskins, pastor of the church, along with select preachers that are invited to speak from time to time.
False Prophets Characterized – The Dallas Church Pulpit – Dallas Primitive Baptist Church
- Brother Marty Hoskins takes up Jude’s description of false teachers/prophets. He also looks at Jude’s declaration of judgement upon them.
- Elder Marty Hoskins looks further into the book of Jude at his description of the false prophets. These descriptions are troubling as many of the sins can be found among church members today. Pastor Marty also talks about Jude’s reference to Michael, the archangel, and the possible interpretations of that reference.
- Elder Marty Hoskins continues the series on the book of Jude by discussing two primary reasons that we should contend for the faith: 1) there are false teachers that have crept into our churches and our hearts, and 2) there are consequences to the loss of truth.
- Pastor Marty Hoskins used Jude verse 3 to explain what the “common salvation” is and what it means to contend for it. He also discusses how “the faith” was once delivered and how important Biblical truth is to Jude and, therefore, should be to us.
- This is the first message in a series on the Book of Jude by our Pastor, Marty Hoskins. In this first message, Brother Marty discusses the authorship of Jude and then examines the three characterizations that Jude uses to identify his audience. Listen to the message and see the work of The Holy Trinity in… […]
- In this message, Pastor Marty Hoskins takes up Mark 4:35-41 where the disciples grow fearful of a storm that has swamped the ship in which they are sailing. Brother Marty challenges us to think abstractly in considering the journey in the ship as a metaphor for life and the storm as a metaphor for the… […]
- This message was preached by Pastor Marty Hoskins during the 2020 presidential election. Our nation is certainly divided, but there is a kingdom beyond this kingdom that deserves more of our focus.
- In this sermon by Pastor Marty Hoskins we are told that Jesus had four brothers (half brothers) and the relationship between Jesus and his brothers was not always a positive one. However, in spite of the difficulties between Jesus and his brothers, there is a beautiful story of redemption as these brothers all are found… […]
- Pastor Marty Hoskins delivers a message of profound redemption looking at the potential doubts of Mary in spite of her early assurances of Jesus’ identity. However, we find her at the cross receiving compassion from her son.
- Pastor Marty Hoskins delivers a message centered around the moment that Martha stoops down to look into the empty tomb of Jesus Christ where she sees angels at each end of where Jesus hand laid. Have you ever considered this image. In this message, Brother Marty paints a picture of the power of that image.