Podcast of Rocky Mount Primitive Baptist Church, Arab Alabama, pastored by Matt Jordan.
A very present help – Grace & Mercy Hour
- a very present help Psalm 46, “God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble…” The psalmist writes “selah” three times in this Psalm of comfort. Pause, meditate on these things. And so we should.
- Rejoicing over the prodigal The prodigal son was far away from his father’s house, but he never ceased to be his father’s son. After he came to himself, wallowing with the swine, he returned to his father in repentance. We […]
- Are we blind also Quite often, the way Jesus answered questions, especially asked by the Pharisees, he did so in a way that highlighted a lack of understanding. Sometimes he answered in parables, and only those to whom the ability […]
- Who are the Elect The Apostle Paul asks the question in Romans 8:33, “Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God’s elect?” The importance of the answer to this question is fully realized only if we understand who […]
- Effectual Call and Gospel Call There is a call to life, and there is a call to light. There is a quickening, and there is an enlightening. There is a perfectly successful call that comes directly from God and God […]
- Pray then speak boldly God has given us a complete suit of armor to wear as we engage in spiritual battle. We should never go in to battle without praying, and we should pray first that the Lord would grant […]
- How Engaged Are You? Our pastor’s message from a year ago, just before the pandemic was declared. The assembly of the church is the most important activity we can be engaged in on the first day of the week. How […]
- Sword of the Spirit We are engaged in a spiritual battle and we need to be equipped. God has not left us defenseless nor in the dark about the armor we need. One of the most vital pieces of this […]
- Saved from What? A simple but powerful approach to understanding the great subject of salvation… when you see any form of the word ‘save’ or ‘deliver’, ask the question, “saved from what?”, “delivered from what?”
- The Whole Armour of God The Apostle Paul exhorts us in Ephesian 6 to take unto ourselves the whole armour of God and then put it on. It is a complete set of arms intended to defend and to be […]